February 17, 2010

Review of GDI - Global Domains International, Inc.

If you are an avid online surfer within the 'work from home' community, then you've probably come across Global Domains International, Inc., otherwise known as GDI. Due to my experience with this company I've written a review that hopefully assists future investors in making an informed choice before committing.

According to GDI and their affiliates, this business opportunity has apparently become an amazing way to earn income from home, or has it?

Quite awhile back, while on my journey to find 'legitimate' income earning opportunities, I came across GDI. Their promotional sales pitch video had myself driving off into the sunset in a red Ferrari and it actually tweeked my interest! Throughout my own research process I read available literature and testimonials, videos on youtube.com , write ups and reviews etc. Within a very short period I found myself wanting to know more and decided to sign up for their free 7 day trial.

With access to all of GDI's learning materials, how to's, tips ect,. I was overwhelmed with information. Enough so that I couldn't read it all, nor utilize it, within the free trial period. At that point I chose to invest my $10 which enabled me to keep moving forward without time restraints. With the pressures removed I was able to see what GDI truly offered by way of an income opportunity.

What I discovered was that GDI's program involves the 'distributor' having to approach everything with a pulse in order to earn money! Whether it be search engine optimization, online ads, adding links and urls, forums, chats, face to face or even cold calling, you needed to get people involved. This is when I began having difficulties. For one, I was under the impression that no selling was involved. Secondly, when formatting my own sales pitch this opportunity was suddenly difficult to summarize into words because I wasn't exactly clear on what it was I was trying to sell??

- Was it the fully hosted web package with your own registered domain name, email services, forwarding, hosting and templates for $10 per month that was exceptionally inadequate?

or

- Was it the opportunity to recruit other people?

Neither seemed like a viable option when it came down to pitching the idea. By this time, warning signs of a Pyramid Scheme loomed in my mind. In an effort to prove myself wrong I proceeded to advertise my new venture but found it very difficult. The words didn't come easy when attempting to describe, talk about and even write about GDI in a way that sounded appealing, not without lying. Hence, no one ever signed up to join my downline nor did I have any enquiries. My second payment was automatically withdrawn from my account before I'd had a chance to cancel, so they dinged me for that one too.


Review of my GDI experience...

- the registered domain name you receive and try to promote ends in .ws not .com (or other)
- the product itself isn't tangible and is low quality, meaning you'll only earn money by recruiting
- they say 'no selling' is involved yet advertising is a form of selling, no ads no earnings!
- they imply a time crunch using limited offers and terms such as 'ground floor opportunity'
- Inc500 (not Fortune500) listed GDI back in 2002, since then?
- they tweek greed; encouraging you to imagine impossible, residual number$ over a global market
- automated, free standing webpages exist but they're not indexed nor advertised web addresses
- this is a multi-level affiliate program with revenue sharing down 5 levels
- the leads GDI offers cost money with no guaranteed sign-ups
- payments are automatically withdrawn, cancellation is by phone only and they do not pro-rate
- current members often offer newbies to their members to entice a sign-up, don't count on receiving!

Getting involved with GDI cost me $20 and 2 long distance phone calls to cancel my membership. Along with my time and a teeny weeny bit of self respect for getting involved with this business venture in the first place. Learning from this experience was invaluable.

Is Global Domains International, Inc a scam? Well, in my opinion all the signs point in that direction yet they seem to function legally worldwide. If GDI isn't considered a scam, I still considered myself scum. Temporarily of course ;) but more than a good enough answer for me!
When the red Ferrari comes to pick you up, run the other way!

Visit the Better Business Bureau (BBB) in the United States or Canada for more specific information in regards to your next business venture and always do your research! If you are interested, within the US branch of the BBB, there are right ups on both Global Domains International, Inc., GDI and website.ws.

No comments: