July 8, 2010

Do I need Business Cards ...and mugs, pens, magnets, staplers, calendars...?!?

I've fallen prey to emails, flyers, brochures, print ads, phone calls, faxes and face to face calls to action from sales people wanting me to glam up my business with printed office supplies. I'm thinking is this for kicks or is it a necessity because however tempting, I don't need logo slathered pens, buttons, staplers and mugs? Do I?

Well, the answer is actually yes but, only in moderation (like with food) and within a logical budget! The business card is a bare minimum must have for any entrepreneur, including those of us who are online (even though we don't get out much ;) get motivated, get out of the house!). Many entrepreneurs don't need all the bells and whistles of a full on printed marketing campaign.

Getting your logo across America doesn't guarantee success but may invite bankruptcy if you get hooked on 'the look' of a wicked speil & sales rep! I finally ordered my business cards from Vista Print (see my review posted within the right sidebar). My shopping cart was immediately loaded with bobbles and trinkets sporting my Babblicious brand but by order time it was picked clean.

No, you generally don't go bankrupt buying office supplies but it can be the first foot in the grave in a string of poor business decisions.

You need business cards because...

- they leave a gentle reminder of who you are, what you do and where to find to you.

- when left behind as a calling card, they speak for you when you cannot.

- they are an affordable, face to face marketing method that also enables you to sell yourself.

- the common exchange of business information will be simplified and easily remembered by both parties.

- they give your business the initial heir of professionalism (now you need to maintain it ;)


No comments: