June 1, 2010

Blogger or WordPress...which do you prefer?

It seems that when attempting 'webmaster' type tasks for the first, even second or third time, there's a gigantic learning curve and nothing ever seems easy,  maybe it's just me ;) I know that when my online adventures first began I was incapable of sending a simple email and lately, I'm feeling just as inept!

My latest project babblicious.ca has me investing time into WordPress where I'm attempting to create my newest website/blog portal. Babblicious is all about Babblicious Bloggers & Babblicious Readers uniting! At least it will be, when it's finally set up! I've been all over HostGator for the past month learning, or attempting to learn what they offer (thanks to a great salespitch but that's a whole other post, grrr!...they are definitely all about the hosting)...I piddled around with option after option for templates, how to's and live help x# of times to discover they don't have what I need. Well yes they do but no one ever suggested WordPress and by that time was practically talked out of it. And now, it's WordPress! That is WordPress 101 to 1001 plus a run around a-z, a few ?'s on the forum and thankfully Babblicious is finally (partially) underway enough to mention it publicly. Ahhh, gotta love technology! ;)

So, I do recommend Blogger for newbies simply because you don't need a server to host the blog plus if you qualify you can use Adsense to possibly earn income. I'm taking the word of many a blogger who says I'll love the freedom and versatility that I can achieve with WordPress so, hence Babblicious. But, I'm leaving my other blogs here on Blogger, at least for now.

In the end, both here at Blogger and there at WordPress hold different expectations for me (along with each individual blog/project) so I'll just spread my wings a little bit at first and see what happens ;)

Thanks for visiting and please feel free to leave a comment!

No comments: